AVP at UM Foundation; spent 12 years doing consumer PR and marketing for Microsoft; enthusiastic about helping people and businesses thrive.
Assistant Vice President, Marketing and Communications
Marketing, Communications, Coaching/Mentoring, Work-Life Balance, Interview Preparation, Career Positioning, Problem Solving, Networking, Events and Fundraising
* 17 years of global public relations strategy, brand development, integrated marketing and intricate cross-group collaboration.
* 12 years building Microsoft’s consumer businesses including Xbox 360, Kinect, Skype, Surface, Bing, Windows Phone and Windows 8.
* Inspired team captain, cultivating talented teams to think creatively, deeply explore projects, break down barriers, and engage audiences to take action.
* Seasoned manager of small, medium and large-scale experiential events targeting top-tier consumer media, influencers and tastemakers. Scope includes event conception with PR and creative agencies, talent management, storytelling/script development, spokesperson preparations, social media engagement, press relationships and onsite coordination.
* Celebrity/talent manager for major initiatives and announcements.
* Company, campaign and product spokesperson.
* Relationship forerunner with NGOs and like-minded corporations including Boys & Girls Clubs of America, National Parent Teacher Association, Red Cross and Operation Smile.
* Spirited leader for citizenship programs, corporate social responsibility and corporate communications efforts with emphasis on responsible video gaming, family time, STEM, cyberbullying and fair factory working conditions.
How I Want to Participate in PowerHouse
I believe we’re stronger together, and know that a powerful network lends to the impact we can have. I’d like to be a part of the network. Additionally, I was blessed by a few extraordinary mentors throughout my life and career, and am fulfilled by giving to others in that same way. I’m also interested in pursuing a board seat, lending the experience and wisdom I’ve gained on my path, to a company or organization that I have a shared passion with.
I’m personally committed to the fight to end human trafficking. In partnership with a small group of like-minded friends, we support existing non-profits in their efforts through fundraising and volunteer work. Trafficking is a heartbreaking reality for over 20 million people in our world today, and a $150 billion industry annually. There’s much work to be done both in distant lands, and right here in Montana where trafficking is on the upswing.