Jesse is a storyteller and community builder focused on sustainable agriculture, conservation, and all things fermented.
Writer / Content Specialist / Event Planner
- Entrepreneur/Business Owner
- Community Organizer
Writing, editing, content marketing, community building and organization, multimedia storytelling, copywriting, event planning, homebrewing
Jesse Bussard is a Montana-based writer, conservationist, and fermentation revivalist. Feeling most at home in the Rocky Mountains, she settled in Bozeman, Montana in January of 2013. She finds inspiration to fuel her creative pursuits in everything from the trout she catches to the craft beer in her pint glass.
By day, Jesse is a professional storyteller and media consultant offering content and community solutions to individuals, organizations, and businesses in the agricultural, outdoors, and craft beer communities through her communications business, Cowpunch Creative. Additionally, she operates an events promotions company with her good friend, Loy Maierhauser, planning exciting community-based, fermentation-focused events like Bozeman Craft Beer Week. The rest of the time, Jesse is an enthusiast of all things fermented, an outdoors woman, and community builder. In her heart, however, she’s first and foremost a cowgirl facing life head on and living by her own lights every step of the way.
Over the years, Jesse’s resilience and openhearted nature have taught her hard edges can break, compassion can be cultivated where none had been for so long, and true friends can be more like family than one’s own blood relations. It just takes tearing down the walls we build around ourselves to see the world, and more importantly ourselves, for what and who we really are, and, in turn, seeing those same things in one another.
Like Willie Nelson says, “When you put your life in a good place, good things follow.”
Just remember, don’t be dazzled by your own bullshit.
Some of Jesse’s current and past leadership positions include:
- President of Bridger Brew Crew, Inc. 2015-present
- Co-Founder, Fermentana, LLC
- Co-Founder, Bozeman Craft Beer Week
- Events Committee Leader for Region 3 of Montana Chapter of Backcountry Hunters & Anglers, 2016-present
- Former Board Member of Mountain Belles 2015-2016
How I Want to Participate in PowerHouse
- Make new connections with other female entrepreneurs
- Find potential clients or even business partners to collaborate with
- Build my network of business women in the community and across Montana
- Continue to build and strengthen the communities I am a part of